.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, March 31, 2007
PostSecret

It was my birthday a couple of weeks ago. And since my best friend is in Boston these days, she sent me my gift in the mail. She thought that one card would never be enough, so she sent me two whole books of them (love you, shosho :**). They were both compiled by Frank Warren.

In the introduction of the first book, he wrote:



"The PostSecret project found me in November 2004. I printed three thousand self-addressed postcards inviting people to mail a personal secret to me, anonymously. I handed out the cards to strangers and left them in public places to be discovered. From all those invitations, about one hundred artful secrets found their way to my mailbox. I thought that was the end of the project. But to this day I continue to receive every kind of secret from around the world.

I share this collection of over one hundred thousand self-made postcards with people on the web (www.PostSecret.com), in books, and at two travelling art exhibits.”



The books contain the postcards that people sent to Warren over the years, artistically made to tell their secrets. Trust me, you will be surprised when you read them. Not becuase some secrets are really weird, but rather the fact that you may find your own among them. We go about our daily lives, carrying our secrets and thinking we are the only ones in the world. While, in fact, there are at least one person out there who shares your secret. I've personally related to a couple of secrets in the first book, although I wouldn't call them all 'secrets' of mine.

It is improtant to notice, though, that the word 'secret' is not exclusive to 'guilt'. It doesn't only include those wrong, guilty and shameful doings you've done or still doing. It is also applicable to fears, insecurities, hidden love or even hidden grief.


I've enjoyed reading the first book and I'm looking forward to reading the second. In the meantime, I've decided to give his website a quick look. It turned out to be a blog where, every Sunday, he publishes the postcards that people sent him. In fact, if you want to listen to Frank Warren personally in a radio interview, just click here.

(You can also right-click on the link and just save it to your computer.)

Hmm.. I think I might send him a card.....or a dozen lol

Labels:

 
posted by Witty at 6:35 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At April 01, 2007 12:17 AM, Blogger eshda3wa

    1 st Happy birthday sweety!!
    3o2bal 100 sena inshallah :**

    i loved the book
    Thats how Post.no.secret blog was inspired :)

    it was such a nice gift from ur friend :)

     
  • At April 01, 2007 1:19 AM, Blogger Qa6Wa

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

     
  • At April 01, 2007 1:05 PM, Blogger Witty

    eshda3wa
    Hey, hon.. good to see you :)
    Now I know the secret: you only respond to English posts, ehh? :)

    1st, thanxx a mill :** el fal lich et9ereen kobri inshallah :D am closer to my 100 now hehe

    2nd, it was a weird coincidence to come across Post.no.secret blog and receive my friend's gift in the mail :) I realized then that's how you guys were inspired :)

    It was a nice gift, indeed :)) I really miss her :/


    BLaSha
    THANK YOU!!! :))

    thanks for passing by :)

     
  • At April 02, 2007 1:24 AM, Blogger layal

    كل عام وانتي بخير
    I THANK IT IS VERY NICE BOOK

     
  • At April 02, 2007 2:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    كل سنة و انت طيبة يالغالية
    :-**

     
  • At April 02, 2007 8:10 AM, Blogger Witty

    layal
    وانتي بخير عزيزتي مشكورة :))
    I really enjoyed reading the first one (although I wouldn't call it reading.. chenna majalla hehe)

    Entropy
    وانتي طيبة حبيبتي تسلمين :***

     
  • At November 17, 2009 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     
  • At November 23, 2009 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?