.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, January 12, 2007
iPhone .. iLove iT

Witty says:


A very warm greeting to you all. It's been a long time since I've 'pressed a key' on this blog's keyboard. I've missed you all, but, unfortunately, I'm only here momentarily since the unusually cold weather of Kuwait has played a role in my sickness and, consequently, my abundance of free time. I still have loads and loads of work to do that I'm avoiding in the name of 'catching a cold'.

SO, after a warm cup of coffee and a couple of Panadol Extras and between a few sneezing episodes, I've decided to tell you about my current 2007 resolution. Nope! Not finishing my studies. That's given and a must! My New Year's resolution is getting the iPhone, which iReally fell in love with.


Not only is it 'preeeettyyy' (imagine me saying that while *blinking fast*), but it combines all the gadgets one may need on-the-go: "a revolutionary mobile phone, a widescreen iPod with touch controls, and a breakthrough Internet communications device with desktop-class email, web browsing, maps, and searching". And all at the touch of a button, err.. a screen. Personally, I hate smart mobile phones. Why? Because they are stupid! Their wires get crossed by the amount of stored data that they slow down and eventually end up 'hanging' or even worse, crashing!

However, I've decided to give iPhone a chance, since it's so preeeetty *blinking*. Although I'm no gadgets freak, nor am I a technology expert, I did wonder:

  1. Which memory does the mobile fone use? iPhone or a memory card? (I know it comes with one of two memory cards, 4G or 6G. I think!)
  2. Does it reset itself, deleteing all stored data, when the battery is empty? (Battery life is ~5hrs.)
  3. I know Apple's Mac is far more intelligent than to crash like regular PCs, but will the iPhone's IQ reaches below zero by the amount of growing data?
  4. Someone said it doesn't support 3G! (lost the link, sorry). How fast is the internet browsing then?
  5. What is the resolution of the cam? <- being a girl, this was my first question, but I kept pushing it to the bottom of the list *lol*

I'm sure a lot of you will have more questions to ask and I bet if we, including myself, read the iPhone official site, we'll, most properly, get the answers we seek. But I'm just too tired now to do that and I do believe that التجربة خير برهان :) So, I'll let you know when I get my iPhone (after they add the 3G) along with my Wii (after they fix their remote controls) and try them myself!

Check out the Apple iPhone debate on ZDNet for those of you who are more cautious than me and won't just dive right in :)

Labels:

 
posted by Witty at 1:42 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At January 12, 2007 2:06 PM, Blogger Extinct Dodo

    salamaat ma tshoof shar.

    im not too psyched about this phone. i used to have an i-mate, and it was too prone to scratches. just moving the stylus across it was enough to put a permanent scar on it. so yeah, i'd rather wait a bit before i invest in the iphone.


    lol@ 5... i didnt know you were a girl :/ LMFAO

     
  • At January 12, 2007 5:50 PM, Blogger Fuzzy

    yeah i liked the new iPhone and iVideo from Apple, but unfortunatly, CISCO company owns the Right to use the name " iPhone" it is a registered trademark for CISCO, i think Apple will rename its iPHONE to something like " Mo-iPhone" just to avoid legal battles in court.

    a must have mobile indeed, also the Sony Ericsson Black Diamond Looks very promising and looks very similar :)

     
  • At January 12, 2007 7:38 PM, Blogger MacaholiQ8

    Just wait on it for a while. Let the first draft get drained and go for the second draft, there might be some improvements.

     
  • At January 13, 2007 1:59 AM, Blogger DiLLi O MiLLi

    Saaaalaaamaaat DeeeeaR...

    How are u now ? Hope ur better ?

    That's knew !! Didn't think ur a Gizmo Freak ?!
    Before yesterday I sent an e-mail to my bro in Uk ;) asking him about this phone !! I will foreword u his reply.

    I don't think it's a User Friendly.

    التجربه خيرُ بُرهان ... أنتي جربيه أول وأذا زين قوليلي ... هههههه
    :)

    Countdown to Release Date

    Going with G.& E. to Maki today for dinner we will be missing u dear.
    :*

     
  • At January 13, 2007 2:13 AM, Blogger DiLLi O MiLLi

    Check this out...
    iPhone

     
  • At January 13, 2007 12:14 PM, Blogger Witty

    Extinct Dodo
    El shar doesn't come your way :)

    The iPhone has only been released recently in the States and gonna be released by the end of this year in the UK. Don't know when will it reach Kuwait. So I am going to wait for a while before i get it.

    And I'm not Fuzzy :) There are two people writing this blog :)

    Fuzzy
    3ad I'm preaching to the choir in your case, hehe. You're the father of all gadgets :P

    As for the name of the phone, you're right. iPhone belongs to CISCO, so I think Apple may need to change it. My money is on iMobile hehe

    Yemde7oon Sony Ericsson, but am a Nokia fan since it's user friendly. If am gonna switch from Nokia, I'll go to the iMobile ;)

    The Criticizer
    After I saw your display pic, I think I'm preaching to the choir in your case as well :)

    Well, like I said to DoDo, I'm obliged to wait anyway. And you're right, I shall wait for the second release hoping it'll support 3G (not that we have it in Kuwait, do we?)

    dilli o milli
    Dilliiiiii 7abeeebti :***
    الله يسلمج من كل شر يارب :**

    Yeah, new, isn't it? hehe I think the cold got to my head and shorted a wire up there lol

    Well, I think I've exhausted Nokias and it's time for a change, especially after I come back inshallah bel shahadaaa.. I have to look different lol Besides, I loved the idea of combining iPod with a mobile fone, easier to carry around :) Please let me know what your computer-guru brother thinks :)

    I believe Apple pledged to use fewer buttons as possible, yet their products are user friendly. We'll see, and I'll dive in and let you know ;)

    Thanks a lot for the links, informative as usual mashallah 3alaich :* Loved the one about the Countdown hehe. And bel 3afya 3alaikom el sushi :* wish I was there :| please convey my Salam to the gals :**

     
  • At January 14, 2007 2:32 AM, Blogger Mamloo7a Q8ia

    ويتي الغاليه
    خلي ميللي اخت ديللي تجربه اول
    وعقب نقرر نشتريه
    اشرايج؟؟؟؟؟
    انا من الناس احب اسال مجرب وخبير قبل لا اشتري اي تكنولوجيا جديده