.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, October 10, 2006
U-Have-2-Choices

You have
two choices



Jerry is the manager of a
restaurant. He is always in a good mood


When someone would ask him
how he was doing, he would always reply,


"If I were any better, I
would be twins!"



Many of the waiters at his
restaurant quit their jobs when he changed jobs,


so they could follow him
around from restaurant to restaurant


Why?


Because Jerry was a natural
motivator.


If an employee was having a
bad day,



Jerry was always there,
telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.


Seeing this style
really made me curious, so one day I went up to Jerry and asked him
?


"I don't get it! No one can
be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"


Jerry replied, "Each morning
I wake up and say to myself, I have two choices today. I can choose to be in a
good mood or I can choose to be in a bad mood.



I always choose to be in
a good mood.



Each time something bad
happens, I can choose to be victim or I can choose to learn from it. I always
choose to learn from it.


Every time someone comes to
me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or I can point out the
positive side of life.



I always choose the positive side of life."


"But it's not always that
easy,“ I protested.


"Yes it is," Jerry said.


"Life is all about choices.
When you cut away all the junk every situation is a choice.



You choose how you react
to situations.


You choose how people
will affect your mood.


You choose to be in a
good mood or bad mood.


It's your choice how you
live your life."



Several years later,


I heard that Jerry
accidentally did something you are never supposed to do in the restaurant
business.


He left the back door of his
restaurant open


And then ???


In the morning,



he was robbed by three
armed men.


They want?


#123*+!@$%&*~


While Jerry trying to open
the safe box,


his hand, shaking from
nervousness, slipped off the combination.



The robbers panicked and
shot him.



Luckily, Jerry was found
quickly and rushed to the hospital.


After 18 hours of surgery


and



weeks of intensive care,


Jerry was released from the
hospital with fragments of the bullets still in his body.…


I saw Jerry about six months
after the accident.


When I asked him how he was


he replied, "If I were any
better, I'd be twins. Want to see my scars?"


I declined to see his
wounds, but did ask him what had gone through his mind as the robbery took
place.


"The first thing that went
through my mind was that I should have locked the back door," Jerry replied


"Then, after they shot me,
as I lay on the floor, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to
live or could choose to die. I chose to live."


"Weren't you scared“



I asked?


Jerry continued, "The
paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine.


But when they wheeled me
into the Emergency Room and I saw the expression on the faces of the doctors and
nurses, I got really scared.


In their eyes, I read 'He's
a dead man.'


I knew I needed to take
action."


"What did you do?" I asked.


"Well, there was a big nurse
shouting questions at me," said Jerry. "She asked if I was allergic to
anything."


'Yes,' I replied.


The doctors and nurses
stopped working as they waited for my reply.


I took a deep breath


and yelled, 'Bullets!'


Over their laughter, I told
them,


'I am choosing to live.
Please operate on me as if I am alive, not dead'.


"Jerry lived thanks to the
skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude.


I learned from him that


every day you have the
choice to either enjoy your life or to hate it.


The only thing that is truly
yours -- that no one can control or take from you-


is your attitude,


so if you can take care of
that, everything else in life becomes much easier.


 
posted by Fuzzy at 5:04 AM | Permalink |


23 Comments:


  • At October 10, 2006 7:37 AM, Blogger albandry

    تصدق
    صح


    بس يبيلها قوة مو اي احد يقدر يسوي جذي

    قاعد افكر بالاوقات اللي عملت فيها مثل جيري


    وفعلا صحيح

    كن جميلا ترى الوجود جميلا

    الحياة وردية

    كلما الواحد تكدر وضاق خلقه واختار الضيجة
    بيلاقيها جدامه وحواليه وينقلب كل شي ضده
    وينعفس المزاج
    ويتعطل كل شي
    وهات يا هموم وهات عصبية
    وقل نوم
    وسواد تحت العيين


    ياااااااااااااااه
    اب ادم ضعييف

    بيدنا خيارارتنا نعيش مهمومين والاسعيدين

    الواحد تعب يشكي
    بين على ويهنا
    واللله الواحد لازم يحمد ربه على كل النعم اللي عندنا
    ومانتحلطم
    كبرنا 10سنين والسبة عدم الرضا بالشي

    ثانكيو عالبوست الرائع

     
  • At October 10, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger The Stallion

    Amazing story! Great moral!

     
  • At October 10, 2006 4:18 PM, Blogger san3a_wa_laken

    تري حطيت سالفه سنعه ولكن

     
  • At October 10, 2006 5:57 PM, Blogger Fuzzy

    albandry

    الحياة متروسة مصاعب ومشاكل واذا تركنا المشاكل تضايقنا لفترة طويلة راح تاكلنا وتدمرنا .. احنا بيدنا نختار شلون نتصرف ونواجه هالمواقف... صحيح مو شي سهل بالبداية .. لكن مع الايمان ومع قوة الارادة ان شاء الله كل شي يهون وينحل


    the stallion

    اي والله صحيح القصة شوي طويلة بس مثال رائع للتشجيع والتفكير الايجابي


    princess

    انا الحمدالله تعلمت من سنين اني اصير مثل جيري
    :)


    san3a wa laken

    مافيها ولكن السالفة ان شاء الله بسيطه بس يبيلها شوية تدريب ... ابتسمي وشوفي الجانب الايجابي للامور مو انركز على السلبيات ونقعد نندب حظنا
    :)

     
  • At October 10, 2006 7:54 PM, Blogger Mohammad Al-Yousifi

    did this story happen in ramadan??

    before or after fotooor??

     
  • At October 10, 2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Witty

    naah, am girl with an attitude :P

    وترى هذا قوطي بينز كوكيز .. صوّرته واهو مسكر وعندي صورة واهو مبطل وداخله
    Double chocolate chunk cookies *yum yum*

    بس خفت أستاثم فيك في رمضان هيهي أوريك الصورة بعد العيد

     
  • At October 10, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger UmmEl3yal

    Very true ,, to a great extent. But not 100%. I get out of my house EVERYDAY fresh and optimistic. The minute I hit the road I am faced with stupidity, ignorance, carelessness, gilat thogh and gilat adab. It is VERY hard to remain positive in this country :) You really have to do triple the work just to maintain your sanity.

    Attitude is great, but not everything.

     
  • At October 11, 2006 12:09 AM, Blogger Witty

    UmmEl3yal 9a7 elsanich.. I second that!

     
  • At October 11, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger UmmEl3yal

    Witty, s7 badanich :) Does that mean I get to have the double choclate chunck cookies bedal b3d elnas? ;)

     
  • At October 11, 2006 1:24 AM, Blogger العين الساهرة

    أشكرك من كل قلبى أخوى فزى، الموضوع جاء في وقته خصوصاً بعد اللى صار لى، بصراحة وايد إنشرح صدرى ، الله يجعله في ميزان حسناتك اللهم آمين
    وراح أطبق نصيحة جيرى. بصراحة أول ما قريت الموضوع حسبالى جيرى مال الكارتون هاهاها

     
  • At October 11, 2006 2:01 AM, Blogger Fuzzy

    kila ma6goog

    hehehe in ramadan people go insane :P


    witty

    :( bs yobah enough teasing im drolling for some cookies yalla send send by DHL :P


    mulan

    you mean " toupee or not toupee, that is the Question "
    LOL

    ummel3yal

    yeah, but why not utilize your time positively during traffic Jams :)
    what i do during traffic jams, instead of losing my temper, i make many phone calls, listen to music or an Audio Book, and enjoy the slow ride hehehe :P
    every thing has dual sides, why choose the negative and let it spoil your day :)....
    Cookies are mineeeeeeeee dont even think of turning witty on me hehehe 9arly sneen asa7elha 3ala salfat el cookies :P



    العين الساهرة

    في ناس على بالهم ان انا بارد لان ردود افعالي لاصعب المواقف تكون هاديه ... لكن هذا شي تعلمته مع الوقت .. ما قمت اسمح لاي شي ينرفزني او يستفزني وقمت اشوف او ادور الجانب الايجابي لكل موضوع وبالنهايه .. الحمدالله على كل حال .. اكو غيرنا في مواقف اصعب

     
  • At October 11, 2006 2:55 AM, Blogger Erzulie

    Wow I loved this ... thanx :)

     
  • At October 11, 2006 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    amzing

    nice post fuzzy

    attuied +looking for the postive side

    are the keys for postive like

     
  • At October 11, 2006 10:28 AM, Blogger Witty

    UmmEl3yal haw akeed you get to have some cookies o en7err feeha Fuzzy hehe
    There you go Ben's Cookies :D

    Fuzzy OK OK..taby plain choc chunk, milk choc chunk, white choc chunk, double choc chunk, triple choc chunk....? (darb can't write the whole menu :P)

     
  • At October 11, 2006 11:43 AM, Blogger نون النساء

    واحنا من وين انييب قوة تحمل
    ونظرة حلوة للحياة مثل جيري


    حسبي الله على ابليسه
    اشوي واحبه هذا

    الأتتيود والنظرة الإيجابية
    السر
    لخلطة الحياة السعيده


    ولكن انا اقدر اكون مثل جيري
    يوم يومين
    بالكثير شهر

    لكن ما راح أقدر اكمل
    لأني اذا ماعبرت عن غضبي وتحلطمي
    أمرض
    بكل بساطه


    خوووش بوست الصراحه

     
  • At October 11, 2006 1:52 PM, Blogger UmmEl3yal

    Witty,

    Bs 2 dz double choclate chunks with nuts 3shan emaswya rejeeeeeeeeeM ;)

    Fuzzy,

    What about those who decide to yensad7oon 3laik winta mashi b6reejik ebamant allah?! The problem is not just the driving. It starts there but goes on at every interaction you take, especially when you need to do any goverment transactions :(

    But there is nothing a warm chewy cookie won't fix ;)

     
  • At October 11, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger Warda

    Ya bakhat Jerry :) I envy him ...Allah yehaneeeeh 3ala his attitude :)

     
  • At October 11, 2006 6:05 PM, Blogger Fuzzy

    erzulie

    glad u liked it :)

    mishari

    yeah the key word here is " Attitude"

    howakan

    now i see a negative " Attitude " from you ! you have to try and try and not to give up from the start


    witty

    hmmm i smell a conspiracy !


    نون النساء

    كل انسان يمر بظروف صعبه .. لكن ما لازم نخلي هالظروف تتغلب علينا .. نزعل شوي او نعصب بس تالي نرد لحياتنا الطبيعيه


    ummel3eyal

    if this thing with witty goes on, i might dislike you ! im serious about my cookies, no one better lay a finger on my Double Double Choco Cookies, YOU HEAR :P

    ----------- regarding elly drive like crazy and put lives at risk, Buy Huge Lean Mean Truck and run over those idiots hehehe consider it a game , you get 3 pointers for running over a bus, 2 points for running over a waanait, and 1 point for running over one of those small taxis heh!

    warda

    you can be like jerry :) start today, and with time it will be easy to hold a Positive attitude inshalla :)

     
  • At October 12, 2006 12:33 AM, Blogger NewMe

    Thank you for such great inspiration I shall print it out and hang it on the office bored for as long as I can…
    If only we could find the “Jerry” wouldn’t we become happier people..
    Cheer up tomorrow is a great day :)
    Loved it..
    have a great one!!

     
  • At October 12, 2006 1:13 AM, Blogger wakee7

    من صجك بنقرأ كل هاللي كاتبه ؟

     
  • At October 12, 2006 3:12 AM, Blogger bo_sale7

    كلام صحيح وكبير

    الاشياء هي حسب ما انت تشوفها مو حسب ما هي تظهر لك

    تحياتي

     
  • At October 13, 2006 5:57 PM, Blogger um-miT3ib

    i want a jerry;p

     
  • At October 14, 2006 2:20 AM, Blogger layal

    المشكله في التطبيق
    ممكن نقرء 100 قصه نفس قصة جيري
    لكن اللي تأثر وممكن نطبقها تختلف من شخص لاخر حسب نظرته الشخصيه وتأثيرتها النفسيه عليه
    يعطيك العافيه